What kind of fabric is polyester?
Polyester is one of the most commonly used clothing fabrics. The chemical name is polyester fiber. It is often used in the production of coats, shirts and windbreakers.
Classification of polyester fabrics
Polyester fabrics are mainly divided into two categories, namely polyester staple fiber fabrics and polyester filament fabrics.
1. Polyester staple fiber fabric
Specific fabric or use
According to physical properties
High/medium/low-strength, medium-stretch type/high-modulus type/high-strength and high-modulus type
According to processing requirements
Cotton type/linen type/hair type/silk type
Classification by use
Sort by function
Cationic dyeable/hygroscopic/flame retardant/colored/anti-pilling/antistatic
Classification by fiber cross section
Shaped wire/hollow wire
2. polyester filament fabric
unstretched silk/semi-pre-oriented silk/Pre-Oriented Silk/High Orientation Silk
stretched silk/Fully stretched silk/All silk
regular textured silk/stretch textured silk/air textured silk
Polyester fabric features
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and good elasticity, so the recovery ability of the fabric is very strong.
2. Heat resistance is also a major feature of polyester fabrics, so polyester is often used to make pleated skirts.
3. Polyester fabric has good light resistance, and it is no worse than natural fiber fabric, and it is not easy to be damaged after exposure.
4. Polyester fabrics are resistant to insects and chemical corrosion, so there is no need to deliberately choose a certain type of laundry detergent when washing.
The use and purchase method of polyester fabric
Everyone knows that polyester fabrics are mainly used in the field of clothing. In fact, polyester is also gradually playing its role in the industrial field. For example, building interiors and vehicle interiors choose polyester fabrics.
Purchase by way of warp and weft
1. Warp knitting and weft knitting are two ways of knitting polyester fabrics. The main difference is different extensibility. If you want to buy clothing with various styles, it is recommended to choose weft knitting, because weft knitting fabrics generally have a variety of colored yarns.
2. The warp knitted polyester fabric is wear-resistant and less pilling, so it is more suitable for making pants and skirts.