As procurement roles have grown in importance, so has procurement complexity. Likewise, as procurement personnel, they must have the qualities and abilities that are compatible with the complexity of the work in order to do better. Through specialized work and ability training, they can reach or even exceed the level that is compatible with the requirements of the enterprise and the market. Therefore, the training content of purchasing personnel includes personal qualities and skills, relevant professional knowledge and purchasing professional knowledge, among which negotiation skills are a basic skill that purchasing personnel need to master through training and practice.
There are no fixed rules to follow for procurement positions, and it is difficult to audit procurement behavior, so procurement work is "conscience work". Therefore, high consciousness and good conduct are the basic qualities that a buyer must possess. Only with noble ideology and morality can they be selfless, self-denying and serving the public, always thinking of the overall situation of the enterprise, and not greedy for personal interests. In actual work, many buyers take rebates, ask for benefits, or take advantage of purchasing opportunities to travel around the mountains and rivers, resulting in excessive purchase costs for enterprises, or poor quality of purchased goods, causing huge losses to the enterprise. Combined with the actual situation of Chinese enterprises, we require procurement personnel to do the following:
(1) People with lofty ideals do not drink the water of greed: the "orders" handled by purchasing personnel are money, and purchasing personnel themselves are representatives of wealth. Business people with purchasing power are often surrounded by a variety of suppliers. Whether it is through interpersonal relationships to fight emotional wars with purchasing personnel, or using various material conditions such as red envelopes and rebates for enticement, purchasing personnel must maintain integrity and cannot sacrifice the interests of the enterprise in exchange for an increase in personal wealth. In the right way, practices that violate the law and morality will eventually harm others and themselves. When selecting procurement personnel, enterprises must conduct this investigation on candidates. Only those with integrity can bring wealth to the enterprise and are the valuable human resources of the enterprise.
(2) Professionalism: Same as the previous requirement, professionalism is also an excellent quality that is necessary for any person engaged in any job, and procurement personnel are no exception. Everyone knows that professionalism is the basic requirement for doing a good job in one's own work, and no matter how talented people are, they can only make achievements under this spirit. The professionalism of purchasing personnel will directly affect the supply situation of enterprises. Good professionalism can ensure the stability of enterprise supply, thus ensuring the smooth progress of production.
(3) Perseverance to endure difficulties: Purchasing is an important and arduous task. It is necessary to deal with people from both inside and outside the enterprise, and they will often be "blamed" from inside and outside the enterprise. The ability of this kind of disputes, when misunderstood at work, can withstand all kinds of "pressure" psychologically.
(4) Modesty, sincerity, and patience: In the process of dealing with suppliers, procurement personnel often take the initiative and have control over the situation. However, procurement personnel must maintain a fair and reciprocal attitude towards suppliers, and even do not be ashamed to ask questions, ask for advice with an open mind, and not be arrogant or arrogant. The process of establishing a good partnership with suppliers is full of hardships, which requires the procurement personnel to have sufficient patience and good self-discipline. Only by negotiating with suppliers humbly and patiently, and communicating with suppliers in good faith, can we exchange cooperation with each other and achieve our goals.
The knowledge and ability
Knowledge and competence are both complementary and independent of each other. Knowledge is the strong backing of ability, and ability is the reflection of knowledge. But as procurement personnel, only professional knowledge is far from enough, and the ability to participate in practice is the source of wealth for the enterprise.
(1) Knowledge that purchasers should have:
①Policy and legal knowledge. Policies and legal knowledge include various relevant laws, price policies and franchise directions issued by the state to safeguard the interests of the state and enterprises.
② market knowledge. Only by understanding the needs of consumers, mastering market segmentation strategies and knowledge of products, prices, channels, and promotions, can you reasonably choose the varieties of purchased products, so as to ensure that the purchased products are marketable.
③ Basic knowledge of business. Business knowledge includes negotiation skills, commodity knowledge (commodity function, use, cost, quality), basic knowledge of contract signing, etc., which is the key to doing well in one's own work, will help communicate with suppliers, and can actively conduct value analysis, Develop new sources or alternatives to help reduce procurement costs.
④ social psychological knowledge. Understand the psychological activities of customers and grasp the psychological needs of market consumers, so as to improve the pertinence of procurement work.
⑤ knowledge of natural sciences. Knowledge of natural sciences includes natural conditions, geography, climate, environmental changes, as well as mathematical knowledge and computer knowledge. Apply modern scientific and technological knowledge to the procurement process and grasp the law of market changes, thereby improving the efficiency and accuracy of procurement work.
⑥ basic knowledge of culture. This is the basis of other knowledge, and an illiterate person cannot do a good job in purchasing.
(2) Ability and quality: To do a good job in purchasing, purchasing personnel should also have corresponding abilities. We summarize the abilities of purchasing personnel as:
①Market analysis ability. Analyze market conditions and development trends, analyze consumers' purchasing psychology, and analyze suppliers' sales psychology, so as to be aware of the situation in the procurement work, know yourself and the enemy, and be victorious in every battle.
② unity and cooperation ability. The procurement process is a process of collaboration with people. On the one hand, procurement personnel have to deal with various departments within the enterprise, such as dealing with the financial department to solve problems such as procurement funds and reimbursement; dealing with the warehousing department to understand the status and changes of inventory. On the other hand, procurement personnel should deal with suppliers, such as inquiry, negotiation, etc., procurement personnel should handle the relationship with suppliers and various aspects within the enterprise, and lay the foundation for future work.
③ language ability. Purchasing personnel communicate with suppliers in words, so they must correctly and clearly express various conditions, such as specifications, that they want to purchase. Quantity, price, delivery period, payment method, etc. Failing to articulate will only waste time and cause the transaction to fail. Therefore, the expressive ability of purchasing personnel is particularly important, and it is the expression skills that purchasing personnel must exercise.
④Cost analysis and value analysis ability. Purchasing personnel must have the ability to analyze costs and plan carefully. Buying high-quality goods is beautiful, but the price is higher and the cost is increased. If you blindly pursue "cheap", you must pay the price of poor quality or damage the relationship with the supplier. Therefore, for the quotation of the supplier, it is necessary to comprehensively analyze the quality, function, service and other factors of the goods provided by the supplier, so as to buy suitable goods.
⑤ Prospect forecasting ability. Under the conditions of market economy, the price and supply and demand of commodities are constantly changing. Purchasing personnel should predict the future supply of such commodities in the market based on various production and sales data and the attitudes of suppliers in dealing with suppliers, such as the price of commodities. , quantity, etc.